I went down to Maryland this weekend with some friends to attend a summer debate tournament. Here are my thoughts.
- Maryland bagels, I am sad to report, are not delicious.
- At these kinds of things, nobody should ever get below a 25 (ie, averaage APDA speaks) out of politeness.
- At the same time, nobody should ever run boring, stock, tight cases. Winning isn't supposed to be the goal, preparing for the season or just having fun is.
- Bouncers at Georgetown bars are pretty douchey.
- Overall, I had a fun weekend. I would care to repeat this experience again.