Here are the top 5 and bottom 5 teams in the MLS based on this week's performance.
- Real Salt Lake - Sadly, they are not going on to the FIFA Club World Cup, but getting this far was something I don't think anyone else could have done.
- New York Red Bulls - Nothing better than a rivalry win like that.
- LA Galaxy - With Landon Donovan returning to form, the Galaxy of last year are back.
- Philadelphia Union - This team is still hanging in there, but their fast start is slowing down.
- Seattle Sounders -The Sounders, on the other hand, are building on their slow start.
- Chicago Fire - They're falling, and falling fast. A quick turnaround is necessary to not slip into obscurity this season.
- Sporting KC - The road trip is not working out for them.
- Chivas USA - How did they win a game? Regardless, they are no longer on the bottom of this ranking.
- Vancouver - And the expansion teams switch places in terms of momentum at this stage of the season.
- San Jose - They've faced a tough schedule, but being at the bottom of the Western Conference is still bad.