Here are the top and bottom 5 teams in the MLS based on this weekend.
- Real Salt Lake - Indisputably the best team in this league, period.
- New York Red Bulls - Their victory this weekend is more of the form that we expect from one of the richest teams in the league.
- Philadelphia Union - They're dropping down because of a disappointing draw against the upward Sounders.
- Colorado Rapids - Let's assume they're still just as good as before, because everyone is losing to Real Salt Lake.
- L.A. Galaxy - Only because they have a great record, but they also have the most games played.
Bottom 5 (with the worst being at #5)
- Vancouver Whitecaps - Well, they played to the level of Chivas USA. That's not a good sign.
- Toronto FC - They were so close to being relevant this year. So very, very close.
- FC Dallas - They got shellacked by Portland, never the best sign. However, they get some slack just for the fact that Portland's been playing amazing at home.
- New England Revolution - Does the Kraft family really care about this team? Does the team care?
- Chivas USA - If we asked the same questions about Chivas that we ask about the Revolution, the answers are definitively "no" and "no."