1. Partitioning is better than “let them violently partition themselves.”
2. Partitioning didn’t work in the past because the British “partition” was basically “let us cut this funny looking country out of the Ottoman lands.”
3. Partitioning is the only viable solution because neither of these 3 groups wants to interact with each other much.
4. Partitioning at least guarantees the possibility of 1 stable democracy in Kurdistan.
5. From 4, we gain not just a stable democracy but a homeland for a people who have been persecuted for the longest time by the Turks (no offense Jihan). That has to be good for US international PR.
6. The only other plans would lead to Israel’s current state of affairs. Enough said.